Self assessment

In my FIQWS Composition class, my professor asked us to create a portfolio website. I was shocked by this information. Is  there something wrong with my ear. A website? A website for final reflection. I neither doing any website before. Nor good at reflection paper. I have never hear of CUNY Academic Commons. But, it is a good chance to know how to create a website and post something great to let everyone know how you doing in the college.

Then the professor gave us the chart of the Writing Section Learning Outcomes and the examples of how to prove each outcome. I kind of got a little idea about what my reflections will become. It is like filling out chart first and write an essay based on what the outcome you have in the class. Even it seemed to be an easy job. However, it wasn’t that easy for me because I personally don’t know how to express my thought.

I still remember the first day of our class. Ms. K giving out two picture and ask do we know anything about those. Then after a class discussion, we began writing the first essay in college. In my Reflection of my literacy Narrative, I analyzed my writing process and how I looked at the genre and the rhetorical situation (stance, audience, media).This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #1:

Develop strategies for reading, drafting, revising, and editing

After finish my first draft of the Exploratory Essay, I bring my hard copy of the essay to the class and start doing the peer work and workshop. The workshop helped me revise and edit the first draft of my essay. This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #2:

Practice systematic application of citation conventions

There is a work cited page after every essay that we wrote. We need to give credit to the author of the book or things they published. Ms. K also gave the example of work cited. she teaches us how to cite the work correctly in the class. we also posted the MLA citation on the discussion board in the blackboard. This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #3

Recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations

When writing literacy narratives, I learned and practiced writing key rhetorical and audience when writing literacy narratives. This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #4

This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #5. Develop and engage in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes

Most important thing of our class is peer review. How we look at peer’s essay and give them some feedback. and i did got some useful feedback from my classmate. they help me with my thesis statement and give some good idea for my essay. my essay did got improved by their suggestion.

Understand and use print and digital technologies to address a range of audiences

Blackboard was great. We did a lot of stuff on the discussion board. That my classmate and teacher can take a look at my work. We created a website for our last assignment which is the final portfolio. That the audience could be the teacher and my classmate, also anyone who is visiting my website. This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #6:

Locate research sources (including academic journal articles, magazine and newspaper articles) in the library’s databases or archives and on the internet and evaluate them for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias.

Our class has been in the library at the end of the semester. We spend a month on the library to do the final portfolio and the critical research paper.We were using the literary database to find a credible resource for our critical research paper.

This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #7

Compose texts that integrate the student’s stance and language with appropriate sources, using strategies such as summary, critical analysis, interpretation, synthesis, and argumentation. The exploratory essay must be an argument to prove it through evidence and analysis. All my evidence support my argument. This assignment addressed the Learning Outcome #8